Friday, April 12, 2013

Sabbath in the Galilee

What a Beautiful Sabbath Morning!

One of my favorite experiences on this whole study abroad was definitely visiting the Tiberias branch for church. I think there are only 7-10ish members of the church who attend the branch in Galilee. It was testimony meeting when we were there, and I can't really describe how I felt in that meeting, but it was such a powerful experience for me. The sacrament prayer over the bread was said in Hebrew (the prayer over the water was said in English) and it was so neat to hear the prayer instituted by the Savior while he was on the earth said in a language that closely resembles His language (Aramaic). (the sacrament prayers can be found in D&C 20:76-79). Also, the meeting was half in Spanish and half in English. It was so neat to hear different languages all glorifying God. It really sunk in for me that language is just a conduit for thoughts and feelings, and often those feelings cannot even be adequately expressed in words. Feelings and beliefs are universal and language is just a method we use to convey those truths. Anyway. I had a really wonderful experience going to church on the Sea of Galilee and bearing my testimony of my Savior who calmed that very sea just as He continues to calm our troubled hearts and wipe away our sorrows. I know that Jesus is the Christ, the Savior and Redeemer of the world. I know that He atoned for my sins and that with His stripes we are healed. I am so thankful for my Savior and for the restored gospel on the earth today. It was such a blessing to be gathered in a small room overlooking the Sea of Galilee on April 6th, the anniversary of the organization of the LDS church. I feel so blessed to have this gospel--this good news--in my life and I know with every particle that makes up my being that it is true. I know that Jesus is the Christ, that He lived on the earth and that He was resurrected and that He lives! I seal my testimony in His holy name, amen. 

The church building is actually a house, so after church we went out onto the patio outside and took a few pictures


Tye and I are twins! Turns out that he fractured his leg in the same place that I did (he jumped out of a raft into shallow water while river rafting in the Jordan River)...go figure...He didn't go to the doctor until we returned from Galilee, and now it is in a cast, but he toughed it out really well during the Galilee trip!

The beautiful Sea of Galilee from the church building


I love this.

there were also some really beautiful flowers all around (all of the flowers are popping out now and it is GORGEOUS!)

my instagram from Sabbath...

This is the church building (it is really a house)

and here are a few pictures of the sunset when we got back to Ein Gev...






This was one of the best days ever. I loved it!!!

-E

No comments:

Post a Comment