Sunday, April 14, 2013

Adventures in Galilee: Denouement

 Greetings!

So on our final day in Galilee, we boarded the bus with all our stuff and went on a field trip on our way back to the JC. So here we go:


Before breakfast, I finally went out the the beach and took a picture on the shores of the Sea of Galilee and bent over and touched it (I couldn't swim because I can't get my cast wet).

Our first stop was Mt. Carmel which is where Elijah killed all the wicked priests of Baal (see 1 Kings 18)

Sarah and I look like the statue of Elijah and a priest of Baal! :-)

this is the view from Mt. Carmel of the Jezreel Valley 

Katie and myself on Mt. Carmel


Next, we went to an overlook in Haifa. Behind me is the beautiful city of Haifa. 

overlooking Haifa--Sarah, Me, and Katie


This is Haifa!


This is the Baha'i gardens, which is the world headquarters of the Baha'i faith and the tomb of the Bab, who started the faith. (here is the link to the wikipedia page if you are interested in knowing more about that faith.)

in the gardens overlooking Haifa--it was BEAUTIFUL!

Here is a shot of the Baha'i gardens from below


We stopped at this cemetery in Haifa where there are several members of the LDS church buried. We had a little devotional here and had some reflective time in the cemetary which was really nice.



These two graves--Adolf Hagg and John Clark were both missionaries in Haifa who died after contracting smallpox and were buried here (this happened in the late 1800s). The broken pillar on the top of their graves signifies a life cut short.

Our last stop was Caesarea Maritima, which was a magnificent city built by Herod the Great and was a place that Phillip, Peter, and Paul visited as missionaries.


Also, it was beautiful, so we took some pictures :-)

This one is my favorite :-) 

Mikkel, Tye the other cripple, Romeo, Skylar, Spencer Ngatuvai, Lindsay, Spencer Andersen, Kara, and myself the cripple. 

photo with Romeo



we had fun in the hippodrome having races--here Ragan, Jacob, and Spencer are attempting to "chariot race" haha ;-)



I took a few screen shots of this video of us racing--it was pretty epic.


check out behind Mikkel and me, Sawyer and Jacob totally fall on their faces... it was hilarious. 

I think Tori and Romeo won the race :-)

Mikkel (my nickname for him is "Shoulders") and I after we won the wheelchair devision of the race...

And then there was an "all girls" race... this reminds me of that divine comedy music video with all the girls running in the wedding dresses (Provo Utah Girls) haha ;-)




we saw this couple taking wedding pictures here--it was really neat! 


and another picture by the harbor in Caesarea

and here are two artsy pictures for you :-)

this guy was out on the rocks fishing :-)



Galilee was awesome! I loved it and can't believe my time in Jerusalem is coming to an end so quickly!

-E




No comments:

Post a Comment