Sunday, March 31, 2013

Let's Go to the Zoo!!!

Salutations!

So there are not many things that I can easily access while on crutches or a wheelchair in this city (once again, I am so thankful that this injury happened when we only have a month left on the program and I have spent 3 months exploring the city). But, I did take a wonderful trip to the Zoo last Monday! It was so much fun!!! I love the Zoo!!! 

It was really neat because the Jerusalem Zoo is a "Biblical Zoo" so the visitor's center is in the shape of Noah's Ark, and on many of the animals description placards there are bible versus from the Old Testament...

This little chameleon guy was stuck on the branch... we watched him struggle for a while before he got free.

Emily and Lexie standing on giant turtle statues

Spencer, Dustin, and Mikkel hanging out on the alligators...

We saw a ton of beautiful birds (it was actually a really great Zoo, and I didn't feel like it lacked any "zoo animals")

Owl!!! Don't worry--we quoted plenty of Harry Potter to it :-)

These next few of the Elephants are for my sister, Brynn. She loves elephants :-)


what a cutie!

these two were playing with each other

I have always loved Hippos--I don't know why... Maybe I love their little ears... 

Raffiki!
Africa


We saw these ibex's being fed...

...and this guy kicked everyone else off the rock

I believe this was in the prairie dog exhibit--you could crawl under it and poke your head up inside their exhibit.

Dustin, Sarah, and Taylor with some lady bug statues

I took some unintentionally artsy pictures with the tiger... and then some intentional ones...

I feel like this should be on the cover of a book or a CD or something... 

check out the way the monkey uses his tail as a seat!

I had a great time at the Zoo and was thankful for the hands that pushed my wheelchair around all day!

-E

No comments:

Post a Comment