Saturday, March 2, 2013

Jerusalem Marathon!

Greetings!

This past Friday was the Jerusaelem Marathon! There were about 70 out of the 80 students here that participated in the race. About 15 did the half marathon and the rest of us (myself included) did the 10K (which is only 6ish miles). It was so fun!!!

The day before the race we went to this big arena place to pick up our t-shirts and race numbers


Sarina, Me, and Lindsay getting ready to go on Friday morning :-)

Roommates! Sarina, Me, and Rachel

So excited! Also--I love the shirts we got for participating :-)

my race number :-)

Me and Lindsay



There were all these world flags, so we snapped a picture in front of the American Flag


In the area before the start line, there were all these booths. One area had a ton of trampolines and there were people leading an aerobics warm up, so we joined in! This is Tawney on the trampoline


Rachel and myself before the race started

Mikkel dyed his nasty mustache with facial hair dye... he really needs to shave that thing off...and I tell him that all the time... haha 

President and Sister Schafer (one of the service couples at the JC) also did the 10K with us

Romeo and myself :-)


Getting pumped for the race! (Rachel video taped the whole thing on her go pro which was strapped to her head)

I love how Chloe and Taylor are wearing "Jordan" sweatbands...

Sarina, Lindsay, Jeff, Rachel, and me


Kari had some great running tights ;-)

after we started--there were about 20,000 people that participated in the marathon! It was crazy!

SO MANY PEOPLE!

It was so neat to run through the city! The race went all around West Jerusalem and even into the Old City at some point!

I ran with Jennie and Anne for most of it--we had fun!

Entering the Old City for part of the race--there were all these clowns all along the race path, it was super random...

We stopped to take a few pictures also... haha --this is Jennie

Anne


and Me!

also, at one point, there were these sheep that got caught up in the race and started running with the people--it was like they were being herded! haha...


Running through the city! So cool!!!


I was glad that I did the 10k--I definitely have not been running enough lately to have been prepared for the half or full... (we have to be in groups of 3 when we leave the center, which includes going jogging, so it is pretty inconvenient to go running here because you have to get 2 other people to go the same pace as you...)

Jennie around the 8km mark

And then we got to the finish line!


It was so much fun!!!



Myself and Rachel with our "finisher" medals ;-)


We got vans to pick us up and take us home--everyone had a great time!!!


Running the 10K in Jerusalem was such a neat experience!!! I am so glad that I was able to participate in it!

-E



3 comments:

  1. I spent most of yesterday catching up on your adventures and I have to say you have done a fantastic job of bringing your activities to life through your use of words and pictures. I am so very envious, makes me wish I could go back in time and study at the JC. Keep up your journaling for those of us who are trying to live vicariously through you! It will also make a great book when your trip is over.

    Congrats on your finishers medal, what an awesome souvenir, with a priceless memory behind it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this recap!! I especially love the fact that you guys stopped during the race to take pics of the gorgeous views....haha Yea for you!! xoxo Love ya so muchly! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a blast :) What a fun place to run!

    ReplyDelete