Sunday, March 31, 2013

Israel Museum

Hello Again!

On Tuesday a group of us to a van to the mostly-wheelchair-accessible Israel museum. 

Jen and myself with the fountain/top of the shrine of the book exhibit

So these two pictures were taken at the beginning of the semester at Tel Arad, which is in the Negev desert. This is the Holy of Holies that was discovered in Arad, however, in Arad is the replica because the original was relocated to the Israel Museum!

and here is the original!



Likewise, this horned altar was at Tel Beersheva, and the original is at the Israel museum. Jen and I switched it up with these two pictures :-)




Hercules vase!


this is an actual ankle bone with a spike through it. There was a diagram showing how crucifixion was preformed. I thought this was pretty interesting...

And then we had a few minutes in the art wing of the museum--not as much time as I would have liked, I am hoping we will have a chance to go back and spend more time there.



check it. I'm in a wheelchair next to the sign of a person in a wheelchair...

I really enjoyed going to the Israel museum!

-E

No comments:

Post a Comment