Thursday, February 28, 2013

Garden of Gethsemane

I'm starting to run out of greetings...

So this past Sabbath a group of us walked to the Garden of Gethsemane after church. It was my first time there (there is a church and a small grove of olive trees to commemorate the place where Jesus Christ preformed the atonement). Across from the church is an actual garden, but you have to have an appointment to go there, and we did not, so we are going to go back sometime...

The entrance :-)

Me, Kate, Rachel, and David





I really love olive trees, and what they symbolize :-)

the word "Gethsemane" means "olive press" so the Garden of the Olive Press where Jesus Christ bled from every pore out of the pain of atoning for the sins of the world would have been an olive grove where olives were crushed into olive oil. 

Beautiful.





Roommates! Rachel, Me, Sarah, Sarina :-)


our group :-) (Lindee, Sara, Romeo, Sarah, India, Rachel, Lizzie, Kate, Me, Tess, Michelle, Sarina)



candid ;-)


The beautiful church commemorating the Garden of Gethsemane


Reading the account of the Savior going to pray in Gethsemane found in Matthew 26


On our way back, I saw this graffiti and I thought it was cool--I've been taking a lot of pictures of graffiti lately... I kindof love it. 


We walked through the Orson Hyde Memorial Garden on our way to and from the center. It is basically this park on the Mount of Olives (just a few minutes walk from the center--between the center and Gethsemane)

This park commemorates Orson Hyde's visit to Jerusalem in 1841-1842, the land was bought by BYU and is maintained as a park by the city.

beautiful flowers :-)

Romeo and Sarah walking ahead of me

Lindee, Sara, Michelle taking a photo break :-)


Me in the Orson Hyde park

The Dome of the Rock 

Michelle, Me, Sara

love us.

Sara and I were roommates in Jordan. we love each other. ;-)

:-)

Beautiful clouds



love the way the light is hitting this olive tree ;-)

It was such a beautiful day!

I am so thankful to be here! This place is beautiful!


I had a wonderful Sabbath, and I still can't get over how lucky and blessed I am to be in this incredible city! I am loving it!!!

-E

1 comment:

  1. Yes, you are blessed to be there! What an incredible experience! For some reason, the pics on this post were especially "clear"...great weather or something! Really enjoy seeing these...and thanks for labeling them! Love you! :-)

    ReplyDelete